Indian Masala Chai Recipe
Write a review
You will need
- 1 tsp CTC tea (such as the Assam Spring CTC)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup full cream milk
For the Masala
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1/4 inch ginger
- ½ inch cinnamon
- Put water to boil and just as it starts to bubble, toss in the tea leaves.
- Let the leaves play around for about 2 minutes.
- Toss in spices, if desired. Let the infusion simmer for an additional minute thereafter.
- Add milk and allow the chai to simmer for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Toss in sugar as per your liking.
- Simmer for about another 2 minutes. Let the chai come to a boil again, and once again after that, till it beings to look toffee-colored.
- Turn off the heat, strain chai into a mug and enjoy!
Tea Stories - Still Steeping: Teabox Blog https://blog.teabox.com/