I promised you Granita in my last post and here it is. This Moroccan Mint Tea and Honey Granita is as summer as summer gets! It’ll make you feel the way you do standing under the shower on a hot afternoon, or biting into an ice candy on a sweaty day.
At home, these granitas have a fairly permanent place in our freezer during summers.
They are easy to make. You don’t need a lot of ingredients or even a lot of skill to make these. I love scraping the ice down and scooping them into small bowls with more mint and sometimes a squirt of lemon, or even an extra dash of honey. The slight aftertaste of tea will leave you surprised and it’s what will keep you coming back for more!
Moroccan Mint Tea & Honey Granita Recipe
Simple, refreshing moroccan mint tea and honey granitas are perfect for warm summer months. The refreshing taste will leave you happy and coming back for more!
Write a review
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Mint Leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan Mint Tea Blend
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Add mint leaves to water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Turn off the flame once the water starts boiling and add the Moroccan Mint tea. Mix in the honey.
- Steep this mixture for 2 minutes and strain into a freezer friendly metal tin.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours till frozen, stirring every hour. Once ready to serve, use a fork to scrape granita into tiny crystals. Serve with a few mint sprigs.
Tea Stories - Still Steeping: Teabox Blog https://blog.teabox.com/