Resolution may be one word but it’s not easy sticking to them, especially when pakodas and chai seem to be appear magically wherever you look. In spite of temptation, I’ve managed to stick to my routine of a warm bowl of oatmeal before I start my day. Now some of you may stick up your nose at oatmeal, but I’ve actually found ways to make the gloopy broth delicious. Chocolate, peanut butter and even jam make an appearance in my bowl quite regularly, but my favourite is a warm bowl of coconut and mango oatmeal.
It’s almost tropical and helps brighten a wet and gloomy morning. I eat it, sitting next to the window, my feet up, a warming cup of Ivory Blossom by my side, enjoying my five minutes of peace before the humdrum of the day begins. Simmered in coconut milk, and topped with mangoes, flaked coconut and a few chia seeds, it’s healthy, wholesome, and quite delicious.
Warm Coconut and Mango Oatmeal Bowl
A warm, comforting bowl of oatmeal simmered in coconut milk and topped with mangoes, flaked coconut and chia seeds for that perfect morning pick me up.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced Mangoes
- 1 Tablespoon Flaked Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- Heat coconut milk and water in a pot and add quick cooking oats. Simmer for two minutes.
- Add in the coconut sugar, vanilla extract and half the mangoes.
- Top the oatmeal with remaining mangoes, flaked coconut and chia seeds.
- Enjoy immediately.
Tea Stories - Still Steeping: Teabox Blog https://blog.teabox.com/